Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hello! this is my first blog post on this blog. The purpose is to teach/explain principles that will bring us closer to our Savior Jesus Christ.
    There once was a boy I went to school with who really didn't have the highest self esteem. He had friends, he had good grades, and he was super nice! What more could someone ask for? Well, here's the problem: High school is not exactly the nicest environment. Bullying, teasing, name-calling, all of that stuff just tears a kid down! I chose to "love everyone" and lift him up. When that happened, I could see his lip curl up juuuuuust barely, like trying to hide a smile, but I knew it was there! It was the best feeling in the world. Lifting someone up, not tearing him down, that is the true key to happiness. Christ taught us to love our neighbors. So that's what I am trying to do! You will never know what impact you may have on a person, so get out there and make sure your impression on this world is a good one!
     I remember the day I decided to have an uplifting attitude towards others. This is the difference between making a joke about how fat your friend is, and making a joke about how huge his biceps are. It's the little things that make someone's day! And I know there is a way for us to always lift other's burdens.

Mosiah 24:15

15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

Carry another's burdens, and cast your's upon the savior's shoulders. Jesus Christ took our burdens upon himself. I love him for that. And I will continually strive to be like him by carrying the burdens of those around me. That is my invitation to all. What can you do to make someone's burden light?

No comments:

Post a Comment